MapTrade Mailing List archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
FAIRWINDS ANTIQUE MAPS website update
- Subject: FAIRWINDS ANTIQUE MAPS website update
- From: Josgon@aol.com
- Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:22:39 EDT
Dear Friends, Customers, and Colleagues:
We're very pleased to announce the spring/summer '06 update of our antique
maps website, www.fairmaps.com. Highlights among the new items include:
1. Goos's increasingly scarce 1666 maritime chart of the West Indies, with
an insert chart of the northern coast of Cuba to the Florida keys.
2. A rare compilation of two Knights of Malta treatises, Les Statuts de
l'Ordre de Sainct Jean de Hierusalem and Les Ordonnances du Chapitre general, with
8 important maps of Malta, Jerusalem, Rhodes, and other places associated with
3. A series of scarce, 18th-century "vues d'optique" (or magic lantern
prints) of Boston scenes.
4. A superbly detailed chart of the Hawaiian islands based on observations
made by Vancouver's fleet in the 1790s, with charts of the Galapagos Islands and
5. Du Val's uncommon map of the Lesser Antilles from the Virgin Islands to
Margarita Island off the coast of Venezuela, with navigational notes and a key
to the islands' colonial rulers.
6. Hessel Gerritsz's important map of present-day Colombia and Panama first
published in de Laet's history of the the New World, Nieuwe Wereldt ofte
Beschrijvinghe van West-Indien.
7. A magnificent and scarce exemplar of the Theunis-Lootsman chart of the
Canary Islands with an inset of the harbor of Lancerota.
8. The Mortier reissue of Blaeu's beautiful bird's-eye view of Valletta,
9. Valk & Schenk's 1700 edition of Henricus Hondius' 1630 map of Virginia,
derived from John Smith's landmark 1612 map
10. de Vaugondy's important 1783 revision of his 1750 North America map
showing the borders of the newly created United States.
11. The sixth edition, published in 1809, of The American Coast Pilot, with
10 full-page maps and 5 folding maps, including plans of Boston, New York and
Charleston harbors, and a chart of Long Island Sound.
12. A series of highly detailed, beautifully designed maps of the the West
Indies, Atlantic Islands, North and South America, the Mediterranean and
Southeast Asia from Thomson's 1817 New General Atlas.
13. The complete atlas volume of the French edition of the 1857 Report of the
Commissioner of Crown Lands, containing eight oversized, folding,
linen-backed maps of Upper and Lower Canada.
You can view all of our new items on our site's "What's New" page. To access
the page, just click on What's New at the bottom of our home page,
We hope you have a great summer. Happy Viewing!
FairWinds Antique Maps
Sellers of Fine Antique Maps
of the Americas, West Indies,
Holy Land & Southeast Asia
MapTrade Home Page |
Main Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |