Humboldt

  • Subject: Humboldt
  • From: Barry Lawrence Ruderman <blr@raremaps.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 22:48:47 -0700

I recently acquired the 5 vol. French edition of Humboldt's Essai Politique
sur le Royaume de la Nouvelle-Espagne.  Vol. 1 includes the Carte du
Mexique from the atlas, which is not present in all copies of the set.  I
was pleasantly suprised to discover my copy had full early handcoloring.

Has anyone seen a copy of the map fully colored in the book?  I've had the
map alone and the set on several prior occasions, but never with full color.

Thanks.

Barry Lawrence Ruderman		6141 Soledad Mountain Road
Old Historic Maps & Prints		La Jolla, CA  92037
blr@raremaps.com			Phone: (619) 551-8500
http://www.raremaps.com		Fax:   (619) 456-4095