Newfoundland Map

  • Subject: Newfoundland Map
  • From: Alberta Auringer Wood <awood@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 21:51:52 -0200

Hi, we have this map in our collections --
    Corporate author:	Steel & Goddard (Firm).
    Title:  Steel's new and correct chart of the Island of Newfoundland
with particular plans of its harbours, on a large scale : compiled from
recent authorities. --
     Mathematic map data: Scale [ca. 1:675 000] (W 60 05'--W 48 00'/N 49
35'--N  46 10'). --
    Place of Publication:  London, 70 Cornhill, near the Royal Exchange :
Steel & Goddard, March 21st, 1817.
However, it is not complete.  Does anyone have a complete one?  Based upon
an earlier edition in the British Library, it should be in two sheets.

Alberta Auringer Wood, Maps, Data and Media Librarian
Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Newfoundland,
CANADA  A1B 3Y1   phone: 709-737-8892; fax: 709-737-2153;
	Internet: awood@morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Believe in your abilities and you'll find the courage and heart to keep
Faites vous confiance, et vous trouverez le courage de continuer.