For Sale: 24 Facsimile Atlases

  • Subject: For Sale: 24 Facsimile Atlases
  • From: Robert Ross <rossmaps@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 16:57:22 -0800

I recently acquired a rather large collection of fine cartographic items
including 24 facsimile atlases, both more-or-less readily available and
some quite rare and unique.  They will be included in my next Catalogue
XIV, planned for this November.  Many of these atlases (the original ones)
are now in the four, five and (a few) six figures.  These beautiful
facsimiles are a good way to acquire some of the most famous and desirable
atlases ever published.  I offer them for sale now at 15% off the listed
prices to members of this list.

The listing of the atlases is four pages and will be emailed to you as an
attachment only at your request.  The originating word processor
application is MAC MS Works 4.0.  If necessary, please let me know your
preferred wp application and I will try to translate into the platform for
your computer.  Or, I can email all the pages not as an attachment, I
guess, and if all else fails, I can always regress to good old USPS or fax.
Within a few days, this list will also be posted at

http://www.primenet.com/~fishone/ross_t.html

If ordering through the url above, please mention which list you used in
order to receive the 15% discount.

Robert Ross
Antiquarian Maps, Views & Related Books
PO Box 8362