Re: Mercator's World, Vol. I, Number 1

  • Subject: Re: Mercator's World, Vol. I, Number 1
  • From: Bob Clarke <bclarke@asterpub.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 08:00:02 -0700

Dear Barry,

As the Advertising Director for Mercator's World, I to was amazed that
Vol 1, No. 1 sold for $100  It was always explained to me that it was a
small press run, yada, yada, yada.  The sad fact is, we no longer have
any more individual copies to sell to Vol 1, No 1.  It is sold out.  We
do have a few complete sets available for sale, but when they are gone,
they are gone.  We have found that many late comers to Mercator's World
are actively searching for back issues, and it always seems that the
first issue of any collected publication is it's most desired.  As we
all know the value of something is what the market will bear.  Whether
it's a map or a magazine.

I will be watching with interest what Charlie ends up selling Vol 1, No
1 for.  It should be interesting.

As a side note, for anyone wishing to advertise in the upcoming issue of
Mercator's World, ad space closes on Sep 10 for the Nov/Dec issue, and
artwork must be received by Sep 17th.

Regards to all,

Bob Clarke
Advertising Director

Biblio Magazine - Exploring the World of Books
http://www.bibliomag.com
Mercator's World - The Magazine of Maps, Exploration and Discovery
http://www.mercatormag.com

845 Willamette St., Eugene, OR  97401 USA
541-345-3800 -v  800-840-3810 -v 541-302-9872 -f