Request for Information on Scanners & Photographing Maps

  • Subject: Request for Information on Scanners & Photographing Maps
  • From: "R.L. Betz" <richardlbetz@top.monad.net>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:47:26 -0400

I am in the process of purchasing a scanner to upload photos of maps to the
internet and would appreciate any advice on hardware, software, etc.  (I am
assuming digital cameras do not adequately reproduce map images;  correct?).

Also, any advice on taking photos of maps.  I already own a decent, though
old, Canon A-1 camera.

Thank you in advance for any assistance provided.

Richard L. & Penelope W. Betz

richardlbetz@top.monad.net