Re: Information Requested About This Map

  • Subject: Re: Information Requested About This Map
  • From: Barry Lawrence Ruderman <blr@raremaps.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 19:31:17 -0700

Dear Bob,

If memory serves, I have an example of the map, dissected and laid on
linen, which is an English edition of the Meares map you referenced.  I'll
happily forward a jpeg to you and anyone else on the list who may want.  If
anyone wants more than 120k image, let me know.  Otherwise, I'll keep it at
about 600x800 pixels.

Well done on the research.  You got a lot farther than I did.  I wound up
simply comparing mine to the copy of Meares in the Hill Collection here in
San Diego.

Barry Lawrence Ruderman		6141 Soledad Mountain Road
Old Historic Maps & Prints		La Jolla, CA  92037
blr@raremaps.com			Phone: (619) 551-8500
http://www.raremaps.com		Fax:   (619) 456-4095