Johnson Map of Michigan/Wisconsin

  • Subject: Johnson Map of Michigan/Wisconsin
  • From: Ira Lourie <ilourie@erols.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 17:53:33 -0400

Just a point of information.  My research on US maps in Johnson atlases
has
demonstrated five different states of the Michigan/Wisconsin map used in

Johnson Atlases published in 1862.  During that year two sets of page
numbers
were used: 45-46, and 49-50, with 49-50 being used only in the last two
states
of the map for that year.

Ira S. Lourie, M.D.
6706 Old Stage Road
Rockville, MD 20852
301 984-3243  ilourie@erols.com

Robert Ross wrote:

> For a collector friend, I need the 1862 double-page
Wisconsin/Michigan, pp.