Faust's San Francisco - 1894

  • Subject: Faust's San Francisco - 1894
  • From: "Mark Greaves" <mgreaves@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 07:28:30 PDT

Forgive me if this message is out of place on this list - I just
recently joined, but it seems like the place to ask.

Yesterday I saw a very nice map of San Francisco, dated 1894.  The title
attributes it to Faust, and it appears to have been a folded pocket map,
although the copy I saw was unfolded and framed.  It is a very detailed,
colorful map, covering the city/county of San Francisco only.

My question concerns the value of this map.  It was priced at $145,
which seems pretty reasonable to me.  Is that a decent price, a great
bargain, or a bit too much?

Thanks,

Mark Greaves
Mark  E.  Greaves -  mgreaves@hotmail.com