MapTrade Mailing List archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Buchon State Maps For Sale at Special Discount
- Subject: Buchon State Maps For Sale at Special Discount
- From: Robert Ross <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 16:23:39 -0800
As my initial offering on MapTrade, I offer a 25% discount off the listed
price, net to all, on the following U. S. State Maps:
The maps are from Alexander Buchon's Atlas Géographique des Deux
Amériques, published in Paris in 1825. Buchon basically copied and
translated into French, Carey & Lea's famous 1822 - 23, A Complete
Historical, Chronological, and Geographical American Atlas . . . Indeed
Buchon's atlas is often called the French Carey & Lea although his maps
were re-engraved and printed on larger and heavier paper. These maps all
are well drawn, copperplate engraved and delicately hand colored in
contemporary outline and wash in beautiful pastel shades. While each map is
variously sized, as noted, all have letterpress flanking text within 17 x
24" (43 x 61 cm) neatlines + additional title above the top border.
Condition is Almost Fine or better.
References: See Howes, Wright, U. S. Iana, 1962, #C133. Phillips, P., A
List of Geographical Atlases in the Library of Congress , vols. 1 - 4, 1909
- 20, #1176. Tooley, R. V., Dictionary of Mapmakers, 1979, p. 88.
1. CARTE GÉOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DE LA PENSYLVANIE. 11 x
17" (28 x 43 cm). [M3151PT] $175
2. CARTE GÉOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DU DISTRICT DE COLOMBIE.
Map of this nation's capital also includes Georgetown, Alexandria, the
Potomac and its eastern branch, and surrounding regions. 10.5 x 10" (26.5 x
25.5 cm). [M1954NTE] $250
3. CARTE GÉOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DU NEW-YORK. 11.5 x
17.5" (29 x 44.5 cm). Good+; image is clear and bright; overall light
toning and bit lightly spotted in a few places. Phillips Atlases #1176.
4. CARTE GÉOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DE L'INDIANA. 11 x 8.5"
(28 x 21.5 cm). [M3161PN] $235
5. CARTE GÉOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DU MISSOURI. 11.25 x
9.5" (28.5 x 24 cm). [M3153PT] $250
6. CARTE GÉOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DE MASSACHUSETTS. 11.75
x 17.5" (30 x 44.5 cm). [M3167PN] $200
7. CARTE GÉOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DE NEW-HAMPSHIRE. 11.75
x 8.5" (30 x 21.5 cm). [M3150PT] $200
8. CARTE GÉOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DU CONNECTICUT. 9.5 x
11" (24 x 28 cm.) [M3156PT] $200
9. CARTE GÉOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DU MAINE. 11 x 17" (28
x 43 cm). [M3144PT] $200
10. [Alaska] CARTE GÉOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DES POSSESSIONS
RUSSES. A very significant, desirable map of Alaska still possessed by
Russia. This map is unique to the Buchon atlas; Carey & Lea did not
include it in their atlas. 14.75 x 17.25" (37.5 x 44 cm). [M3171PN] $350
11. CARTE GÉOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DU MISSISSIPI(sic).
11.25 x 8.5" (28.5 x 21.5 cm). [M3145PT] $250
12. CARTE GÉOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DU KENTUCKY. 11 x 18"
(28 x 45.5 cm). [M3149PT] $200
13. CARTE GÉOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DU TENNESSEE. 11 x
17.25" (28 x 44 cm. [M3147PT] $200
14. CARTE GÉOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DE LA GÉORGIE. 1825.
11.25 x 8.75" (28.5 x 22.3 cm). Tiny insect hole repaired. [M3164PN]
15. CARTE GEOGRAPHIQUE, STATISTIQUE ET HISTORIQUE DE LA FLORIDE. Florida
just recently "acquired" from Spain, still shows the old division into West
and East. 11.25 x 9.25" (28.5 X 23.5 ). Good+ ; bit of very light,
almost unseen straining on image, otherwise clear and clean; some small
bottom margin edge splits repaired on back; color a bit weak. [M2079NNI]
TERMS: All items are subject to prior sale. If ordering by phone, fax,
mail or email, please give entry number and short description. Payment in
advance for customers unknown to us; otherwise net seven (7) days.
Payment is by check, money order, VISA, Mastercard or JCB. Please add
$7.00 for postage, handling and insurance. Include street address for UPS
shipping if so desired. Payment in U. S. dollars only. Overseas shipments
by insured air; actual postage will be added. California residents,
please add the appropriate sales tax in your residence county. California
dealers, please send valid Tax Resale Card.
Item (s) may be returned for any reason for full refund within seven (7)
days of customer's reception of the item (s). Please contact us first for
return authorization and process.
NOTE: Our Catalogue XIII containing over 140 maps, views, globes, atlases
and cartographic reference books is posted on our ABAA website, indicated
Antiquarian Maps, Views & Related Books
PO Box 8362
Calabasas, CA 91372 USA
Member: ABAA, ILAB, IMCOS
Tel & Fax: (818) 348-7867
This mailing list is brought to you courtesy of:
Barry Lawrence Ruderman
Old Historic Maps & Prints
MapTrade Home Page |
Main Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |