Where to Post? - Opinions Please

  • Subject: Where to Post? - Opinions Please
  • From: Robert Ross <rossmaps@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 08:35:21 -0800

Now that the trade list is up and running and guidelines are being evolved,
what are the opinions of "Map Histers" & "MapTraders" about:

(1) Questions from dealers especially but not exclusively about maps and
atlases where the reference material is either not in our own reference
libraries, difficult to find or "get-to," non-existent or sketchy;  eg.
who was the mid-19th century German publisher or mapmaker, Flemming?

(2)  A new "hard copy" or "on-line" antique map catalog is now available.

This assumes, correctly I assume, that not all MapHist members belong to
MapTrade and vice-versa.

Thanks.

Bob Ross

Robert Ross