What about Globes

The enclosure is from Dorothy Prescott
Enclosed are my comments. Sorry about the laborious way of replying but I
am having problems with my computer.
To: HcTunison@aol.com
From: J R V Prescott <johnrvp@clyde.its.unimelb.edu.au>
Subject: Re: What about Globes?!
Bcc:
In response I too hope that map trade covers both new and old map, atlases,
globes etc as detailed by George Glazer. I am particularly interested in
prices achieved as well as prices asked . I am not in the business of
selling maps but I am a valuer of such materials. It is a stipulation of
the Government body I prepare valuations for that recent prices must be
cited. I hope very much that this list will prove to be an authoritative
source that I can quote in my valuations. There are not many sources apart
from the Antique Map Price Record and Handbook and of course auction and
booksellers catalogues.>

Perhaps this is self-evident, but MapTrade should, in my opinion, be about
>maps AND GLOBES.  Plus, armillary spheres, orreries, tellurians.  And I gather
>for that matter celestial charts are to be included.....
>
>Of course the definition of maps itself can be expansive or limited.
>Presumably it includes antique separately issued maps, pocket maps, maps in
>books (I assume), wall maps, and atlases.  How about 20th Century road/gas
>company maps?  How about new maps?  Is MapTrade supposed to be about
>antiquarian maps only????
>
>Anything I left out?????  Any comments?
>
>George Glazer
>Dealer -- Antique Globes, 19th Century American Maps
>28 East 72nd Street
>New York, NY   10021
>
>212 535 5706
>Fax:  212 988 3992
>
>e mail: Worldglobe@aol.com
>
>website:  http://www.georgeglazer.com

>This mailing list is brought to you courtesy of:
>Barry Lawrence Ruderman
>Old Historic Maps & Prints
>http://www.raremaps.com/

JRV  and DF Prescott