Re: New Offering

  • Subject: Re: New Offering
  • From: Wolfgang Lierz <lierz@library.ethz.ch>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 08:28:53 +0200

Barry Lawrence Ruderman wrote:

> I am preparing a description on Traugott Bromme and was curious if anyone
> had any information to add.
>
> Does anyone have additional information on Bromme?

Of course. In German-speaking countries Bromme is most "famous"
because of its "Atlas zu Alexander v. Humboldt's Kosmos" which
was not authorized by A.v.H. There are several publications on that
subject, and there should be something within the "Lexikon
zur Geschichte der Kartographie" - of course everything in German.

I have nothing of it at hand here in my office but if interested
I could post more details after researching my collection at home.

Regards
--
Wolfgang Lierz	       lierz@library.ethz.ch

ETH - Bibliothek       Tel.   +41-1-632-2180
Raemistrasse 101       Fax:   +41-1-632-1414
CH-8092  Zuerich       Mobil: +41-79-2050765