Re: maptrade vs maphist; consultations

  • Subject: Re: maptrade vs maphist; consultations
  • From: Barry Lawrence Ruderman <blr@raremaps.com>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 19:28:27 -0700

Roger,

Perhaps I'm a bit overzealous, but I was hoping to stimulate discussions on
maptrade and get the ball rolling.

Also, I posted on Bromme when I ran out of conventional information.  San
Diego is a desert on decent reference material once you leave my library.

We're over 100 strong by the way.

At 02:21 PM 8/3/98 EDT, RBASKES@aol.com wrote:
>The questions about Traugott Bromme's sources and Garcias y Cubas were
>probably even more appropriate to maphist than maptrade.  (But let's not
start
>putting the same questions on both).
>
>Irrespective of which list is assaulted, I think we have to ease up a little
>on the questions.  I don't think it is appropriate to ask either list
>questions with answers which any librarian can find by looking in his or her
>most commonly consulted reference books.  And it probably is even less
>appealing to be consulted each time a dealer is writing a description of a
>map.  Presumably you want some of the people who stay on maptrade for more
>than a few days to be customers
>

>This mailing list is brought to you courtesy of:
>Barry Lawrence Ruderman
>Old Historic Maps & Prints
>http://www.raremaps.com/

Barry Lawrence Ruderman		6141 Soledad Mountain Road
Old Historic Maps & Prints		La Jolla, CA  92037
blr@raremaps.com			Phone: (619) 551-8500
http://www.raremaps.com		Fax:   (619) 456-4095