Garcia Cubas atlas of Mexico

  • Subject: Garcia Cubas atlas of Mexico
  • From: Peter van der Krogt <pvdk@delftnet.nl>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 18:35:20 +0200

Dear (new) list,

I just joined this discussion list (also). As introduction why I am on this
list: I am part-time (1/5) employee of Antiquariaat Forum, antiquarian
booksellers in 't Goy-Houten. Although I work mainly for HES Publishers
(the publishing house connected with Forum), I work from time to time for
the bookshop too.

It was quite peculiar that one of the first items discussed was an atlas
with Mexican imprint. A few weeks ago Antiquariaat Forum got also a Mexican
atlas. First I thought is was the same, but I checked it today and it is
another atlas by the same editor. Forum has the Atlas pintoresco e
historico de los estados unidos Mexicanos by A. Garcia Cubas 1885.
(Phillips 2686). When I saw this atlas I was impressed by the almost
17th-century look of the maps: each map is surrounded by a decorative
border with photographs.

Since this list is called Maptrade I think it is allowed to say that this
atlas is for sale. Information from Antiquariaat Forum, e-mail
hesselink@forum-hes.nl

Peter

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Dr Peter van der Krogt
Editor, HES Publishers
Consultant for the history of cartography, Antiquariaat Forum
<http://www.forum-hes.nl/>
e-mail: p.vanderkrogt@geog.uu.nl and pvdk@delftnet.nl
private homepage: <http://kartoserver.geog.uu.nl/HTML/STAFF/krogt/krogt.htm>
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PER ANGUSTA AD AUGUSTA YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY